I have a love affair with my Patagonia P26 hiking boots.
We found each other last spring and I haven’t been able to move on to anything else; I will for sure try other boots but I will always keep room in my closet for these, my all-time favorite. These boots are amazingly light, which is good for wearing and carrying. They require close to no break-in time; no blisters, no uncomfortable spots, no pain—ever. They keep me cozy and are waterproof but breathable…oh I love the technology that goes into good shoes.
These boots are one of the three pairs of shoes I took with me to South America last summer. My goal was to travel light; hence only three made the cut. Yes, I can hear some saying “only three pairs? That’s a lot” but when you love shoes as much as I do, that is a hard compromise. I carried the P26, a pair of Toms and Keens, that’s all.
The P26 were good for hiking in the Andes, just as they have been for hikes around here, but also great to wear in cities while site-seeing. The thing is, they are so light and so casual looking, it is not immediately obvious I am wearing a hiking boot. This is why I wore them every single day for a month. They are substantial enough to be a strong hiker, yet still workable into a not so trek-driven outfit, if you know what I mean.
I’ve worn these boots in a salt dessert, hiked to Machu Picchu in them, explored many cities with them and I still wear them on my weekend trips to Vermont, up East Rock and on the streets of New Haven. The P26 are good all around, year around. OK I’ll stop now. You get my point: these boots are awesome.
- 1.8/2.0mm Ecobuck waterproof leather for durability and comfort
- Gore-Tex gasket waterproof/breathable construction with extended-comfort waterproof breathable fabric lining; internal support construction wraps and secures the mid foot for optimal fit and support
- Triple-stitched webbing eye stays for durability; webbing lace system for variable volume control; padded bellows tongue with foam for lasting comfort
- Rubber toe bumper for durability and protection, roomy toe box for comfort; leather rand for durability and protection; 15% recycled EVA dual density footbed: top layer provides comfort and support; bottom layer provides arch support and helps stabilize the foot; 2mm 15% recycled EVA insole provides support and extra cushioning
- Patagonia Air Cushion Plus for shock absorption; TPU arch shank for support and protection; Deep Dish Helium Light EVA (25% lighter than normal EVA) footframe extends high in the rear to cradle the foot for support, heel hold and stability and optimizes energy transfer
- 1.8mm shock distribution plate with integrated arch bridge for pressure distribution and protection while maintaining forefoot flexibility; Vibram Ecostep II P26 dual density rubber sole features 50% recycled and TC5+ rubbers for optimal stability, durability and traction
- Semi-curved last, medium width, medium arch support, performance fit
- Weight: 405 g (14.3 oz)