30 Sep 2012 - 12:00 to 12:00
Join Trailblazer for the Inaugural Run the Gauntlet Race!
The first annual event features a 5K complete with obstacles, sand, live music and fun! Participants will try and conquer 8-10 obstacles as they run 3.1 miles along the shore of Hammonasset Beach. Some obstacles include tires, hay bales, water, cargo nets, and much more!
After the race, participants are invited to enjoy a post-race beach party featuring food, refreshments and live entertainment.
Date Start: Sunday, September 30, 2012 @ 9:00 AM.
Address: Hammonasset Beach State Park 1288 Boston Post Road Madison, CT
• Friday, Sept. 28 – Last day to register online
• Fri & Sat, Sept. 28 & 29 – Registration & packet pick-up at
• Sunday, September 30th at Hammonasset Beach State Park in
7-8:45 am: Packet pick-up/Late registration at West Beach
9:00 am: Race Start*
9:15 am: Post-race Beach Party w/ live entertainment
10:00 am: 5K Award Ceremony
*Additional race may be added at 10:00 am if demand warrants.
First participants registered will start at 9:00 am.
• Hay bale pyramid climbs.
• Beach running.
• Take it to the water – Aqua run!
• Cargo net army crawl.
• Sand pile climb.
• Tire crossings.
• Plank run.
• and Much more!
• First 300 registered runners receive a technical running shirt.
• Post-race beach party includes a cookout, awards ceremony &
• Each finisher receives two free beers.
• Medical personnel and aid stations along course.
• The top three 5K finishers receive awards in the following
divisions: [Men & Women] 12 & under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39,
40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+ and best costume!