Monday Munchies: Crab and Avocado Salad
This week, try out a light delicious way to bring in the dinner bell. This recipe for a crab and avocado salad will serve four of you. I suggest taking it to the patio. - Tony
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound haricots verts or green beans, halved
- 2/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound lump or claw crabmeat
- 1 Hass avocado, halved, pitted and diced
- 3 romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat croutons
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the haricots verts and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
Puree the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, basil and anchovies in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss the crabmeat, half of the avocado and about 1 tablespoon of the yogurt dressing in a small bowl. Toss the romaine, croutons, haricots verts and the remaining avocado with the remaining dressing in a large bowl.
Divide the romaine salad among plates, top with the tomatoes and place some of the crab mixture in the center.
Per serving: Calories 314; Fat 14 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 73 mg; Sodium 552 mg; Carbohydrate 28 g; Fiber 8 g; Protein 22 g
- Total Time: 30 min
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 5 min