Monday Munchies: Gluten-Free Nutty Chocolate BrowniesIf you're like me, you're seeing more and more space at the grocery store deemed, "Gluten-Free." More and more of us are starting to find out that gluten is causing allergic reactions. I'm glad to see the options spreading and making it easier to shop for these types of food more easily. Check out this tasty option below.- Tony
- Vegetable oil for greasing
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 3 medium free-range eggs, separated
- 70g caster sugar
- 75g ground almonds
- 1 tsp fresh ground coffee
- 25g pecans, chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Grease and line a shallow 18cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- 2. Place the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt.
- 3. Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until pale and creamy.
- 4. Stir in the ground almonds, melted chocolate, coffee and pecans.
- 5. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks, then fold one-third of them into the chocolate mixture to help loosen it. Carefully fold in the remaining egg whites, then pour the mixture into the tin.
- 6. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the surface is slightly springy to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into 12 pieces.
Per serving: 140kcals, 8.9g fat (2.2g saturated), 3.8g protein, 12g carbs, 11.1g sugar, 0.1g saltSource: Delicious Magazine