Monday Munchies: Spring Vegetable Stir Fry
This is quite a colorful and easy to make vegetarian dish. Stir Fry's are also great because they take anly a few minutes to make. Tip: Prepare this one last minute for the freshest combo of sweet young vegetables. - Tony
Spring Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 in pinch ginger root, finely chopped
- 4 oz baby carrots
- 4 oz patty pan squash
- 4 oz green beans, topped and tailed
- 4 oz sugar snap peas, topped and tailed
- 4 oz young asparagus, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 8 scallions, trimmed and sliced down the middle
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
Add garlic and ginger, stir-fry over med-high heat for 1 minute.
Don't burn the garlic though!
Turn the heat to high.
Add the carrots, squash, beans, and stir-fry 3-4 min.
Add the peas, asparagus, scallions, tomatoes for 2 more min.
Add the dressing and fry 2-3 minutes more or until just crispy tender.
Serve with brown rice.