Monday Munchies Thanksgiving Special: Herb Roasted Turkey!
Here’s a fun way to prepare your turkey on turkey day.
Herb roasted turkey is an easy way to make turkey. The turkey is crisp, delicious and juicy. Here is the easy to make herb roasted turkey recipe for turkey day, which is the day we all love eating the turkey. Did I mention the turkey? - Tony
- 8-12 pound whole turkey
- 2 tbsp garlic paste/powder
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp ground sage
- black pepper
- 2 cups water
Directions to make herb roasted turkey:
1. Clean the turkey and take out the organs and giblets from it. Now place it in a roasting pan.
2. In a bowl, mix olive oil, garlic paste/powder, basil leaves, black pepper, salt and ground sage. Make a paste of it and with a brush, apply in on the turkey.
3. Preheat oven to 165 degrees C. Put water on the bottom of the roasting pan and cover it.
4. Bake the turkey for 3-4 hours till the turkey turns to brown colour and cooked from inside too. Take the turkey out after roasting it and leave it for 45 minutes.
5. Carve the turkey in a way that preserves the flavour and texture of the meat.