Monday Munchies: A Veggie Chili That Any Runner Will Love
• 2 cans (28 oz) diced tomatoes
• 4 cups (roughly 2 cans) reduced sodium vegetable broth
• 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 can (15 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 1 green bell pepper
• 2 cloves of minced garlic (I use a tbsp of garlic powder)
• 1 packet of chili seasoning (also works with a packet of taco or burrito seasoning, had to improvise a couple of times when I ran out of chili seasoning and it comes out great!)
• 2 tbsp of Mexican oregano
• 2 tbsp of ground cumin
• 4 to 5 dashes of hot sauce (optional)
• half a pound of macaroni pasta (or 1/3 cup of couscous)
• 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
• 1/2 cup shredded Jack cheese (optional)
• salt and pepper to taste
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except pasta.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or High for 3 to 4 hours.
- 10 minutes before severing add the macaroni pasta. Cook pasta until desired texture.
- Just before serving top off with cheese and cilantro. Makes a lot!
Source: Runner Dude’s Blog