Monday Munchies: A Veggie Chili That Any Runner Will Love
Here's a chili not only you vegetarians will love, but also you carnivores. Take a look at this quick, simple, and delicious recipe, for a one of a kind veggie chili. - Tony
Gabby's Vegetarian ChiliIngredients: • 2 cans (28 oz) diced tomatoes • 4 cups (roughly 2 cans) reduced sodium vegetable broth • 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained • 1 can (15 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained • 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained • 1 cup chopped onion • 1 green bell pepper • 2 cloves of minced garlic (I use a tbsp of garlic powder)
• 1 tbsp (or whole) minced jalapeno, fresh or from a can • 1 packet of chili seasoning (also works with a packet of taco or burrito seasoning, had to improvise a couple of times when I ran out of chili seasoning and it comes out great!) • 2 tbsp of Mexican oregano • 2 tbsp of ground cumin • 4 to 5 dashes of hot sauce (optional) • half a pound of macaroni pasta (or 1/3 cup of couscous) • 1/3 cup chopped cilantro • 1/2 cup shredded Jack cheese (optional) • salt and pepper to taste
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except pasta.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or High for 3 to 4 hours.
- 10 minutes before severing add the macaroni pasta. Cook pasta until desired texture.
- Just before serving top off with cheese and cilantro. Makes a lot!