Monday Munchies: Baked Salmon Fillets With Maple Syrup Marinade
This sweet and salty marinade is great if you’re a runner, hiker, snowboarder, or just plain want something delicious and healthy. Add it to salmon and they’ll be bribing you for this recipe. It goes great with with asparagus, green beans, or salad.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Bake: 450° F for 6-25 minutes depending on size of filet
• 1 cup pure maple syrup
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 2 cloves of crushed garlic
• 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 pound of salmon
• 1 Handful of jalapeno peppers (to taste)
• 1/4 cup of pineapples
- 1. In a small bowl, mix maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, and salt & pepper.
- 2. Place individual salmon fillets on tin foil. Mold tin foil into a bowl-shape around fillets and cover fillets with marinade. Add jalapeno peppers and pineapples to top of salmon. Marinate the salmon in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, turning once.
- 3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 4. Place tin foiled fillets on a baking pan in the preheated oven. Add extra jalapenos and pineapples, if desired. Bake for 4-6 minutes for each .5 inch of thickness of the fillets. Bake salmon, uncovered, for correct amount of time, or until fillets are tender and flaky with a fork.