- Flex grooves for a more natural stride
- Dynamic Fit system that tailors the shoe perfectly to your foot
- Seamless upper for lightweight support where you need it
- Weight: 9.3 ounces (men's size 10)
- Fit: The Nike Free Run+ 3 features the Dynamic Fit system, made up of ‘fingers' of soft material that wrap the midfoot and arch for a glove-like fit. They move with the foot as you run, reducing the space between the foot and shoe for unparalleled comfort. A stretchy mesh inner sleeve with seamless overlays delivers a supportive, skin-like fit and the minimalistic, molded sockliner mimics the foot's curvature for added support and comfort.
- Flexibility: Flex grooves along the length and width of the outsole enhance flexibility and help maintain stability. For added flexibility and to help increase foot strength, the Nike Free Run+ 3 also has diagonal cuts through the arch area.
- After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, just like bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure-measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion. The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.
- Reflective Swoosh design trademark for enhanced visibility in low light
- Waffle outsole pistons to help absorb impact and add responsiveness
- Abrasion-resistant carbon rubber under high-wear areas for enhanced durability
- Nike+ ready
Review: The New Nike Free Run+ 3 Running Shoe
Nike delivers their latest take on a lightweight, barefoot-like, running shoe with the new Nike Free Run+ 3: a low profile, super lightweight shoe that features a flex sole that mimics your natural stride. Having worked through earlier versions of the Nike Free Run, we can say that for those looking for both a running shoe and a beautifully sneaker to rock day to day, the new Free Run+ 3 is our new favorite. Now, since Nike always puts functionality and the athlete before anything aesthetic, let’s talk about the specs on these Free Run+ 3′s. They weigh ounces – around 9.3 oz for all sizes – and feature a smooth ride with proper traction, cushioning, and support for those looking to run in a low profile, almost barefoot shoe. Unlike the Free Run 2, which on occasion could cause slight roll when touching down on a curb, the Free Run+ 3 supports as it should. Having received our review samples just a day ago, we have run about five miles in the Nike Free Run+ 3 and all has been well. We’ll update this post if more ride miles change anything. For those who love the look and colorways of the Nike Free Run+ 3, and who will wear them on the day to day as wardrobe choice, you have chosen well. While not walking shoes, the support and weight of the shoes make them enjoyable for all commutes and long term use. We have ours on in the office at the moment and appreciate the airy breathability of the upper. When you calculate the look of the shoe with the overall weight and ride, you are left with our favorite fashionable running shoe of the moment. Features: