It’s the answer for those that want to either ease into minimalist running or just take one step towards it and stay put.
The Kinvara 2 doesn’t feel like those two shoes, but the lightness (7.3 ounces) of the shoe is definitely comparable. I couldn’t believe how light the Kinvara 2 was out of the box. The transition from core barefoot running shoes to this one was drastic. This shoe offers the support of a running shoe that worked my calf muscles like the barefoot shoes had, but not to the intensity I had previously experienced.
- So light you will think it’s filled with helium (7.3 ounces).
- They look so good people at the gym try to rip them off my feet during my workout.
- Great balance between offering the feel of a minimalist shoe, but with awesome support.
- The red ones come with a turbo fire booster button like Sonic the Hedgehog has.
- ProGrid Lite in the heel offers shock attenuation and comfort.
- They provide a feeling of euphoria similar to what Ryan Gosling’s face offers woman.
- Antimicrobial and breathable while providing an Airmesh Upper – for lightweight breathabilit, keeping it cool and free from sweat.
- Great for throwing at rabid squirrels in the woods (if you ever see one).
Things I didn’t like about the Kinvara 2:
- They don’t come with winning lotto tickets.
- Wish they could talk to me like Siri. She’s so nice to me.
- They don’t have any James Bond type of weapon enhancements, like the toe switch Swiss Army knife.
- Not very useful for people with two left feet (they come with a right foot shoe).
- When you take them off they whine like a puppy because they love you so much.
Weighing at just 7.3 oz., the accolades continue to pile up for the Kinvara 2, the shoe that is defining the next generation of minimalist trainers built for everyday use. The Kinvara 2′s super light and flexible midsole is made from durable foam, and the 4mm heel-to-toe offset guarantees a close-to-the road feel. Light and breathable, the upper is made from mono-filament mesh that provides a comfortable, sock-like fit and feel.
Weight: 7.3 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (23mm), Forefoot (19mm)
How it Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Narrow to medium
- Mid-foot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height: Low
- Arch Structure: Medium height