Top 25 Reasons to Get Out There and Start Running
The winter months can be rough on our motivation to even leave the house at times.
It's dark. It's cold. But here are some reasons to get off of your butt and do some running
Get Out There and Start Running
1. Running is the quickest way to cardiovascular fitness
. You get fitter faster by running regularly.
2. Running is one of the cheapest
forms of exercising. You only need a pair of running shoes and shorts and T-shirt to get started.
3. Running is easy
to learn. Most people have run at some point in their life, either competitively or at school/college, so there is no steep learning curve involved.
4. Running makes you feel good,
not only physically, but mentally as well.
5. Running is excellent for reducing stress
levels. There is nothing better than a run to clear your head and concentrate the mind. Many great ideas have been formulated on training runs.
6. Running is one of the most flexible
methods of training around. Wherever you are in the world, it is nearly always possible to get out for a run. You can jog, steady run or sprint depending on how you feel that particular day.
7. Running is good for your heart. It not only strengthens the heart
but also reduces the actual resting heart rate.
8. Running is accessible
to all. As long as you are physically able, you can go for a run virtually anytime and anywhere. There are no race barriers to running.
9. Running helps you to lose weight
and tone muscles
. The more your train and run, the more weight you will lose. Also by toning up, you are getting rid of the excess fat and converting it to muscle.
10. Running is for people of all ages
. Old or young, everyone can benefit from running.
11. It is good for your sex life
! By being more physically active you increase your sex drive.
12. When run training, you can get away with eating chocolate and legitimately say it is part of yourtraining program
13. Running is a great way to recover from a hangover.
A run will help clear your head faster than sitting around feeling terrible.
14. Running is a great safety aid
. Being able to run away from people puts you in a much better position if you are chased.
15. You can use running to change other people's lives. Run for a charity
and raise money to help the needy or less able.
16. Running with friends
gives you time to catch up on gossip and get fit at the same time.
17. Running is a time-efficient
way to get fit and lose weight so you have more free time after exercising to enjoy yourself.
18. Running is a challenge
that can be motivational and bring great personal satisfaction.
19. Running is a great way to see a new place
if you have limited time available for sightseeing. Just think how much more of a place you can see when running around it compared to walking.
20. Running improves your concentration
as you are forced to concentrate more when running. This in turn improves your concentration when you have to focus in other areas of life.
21. You nearly always work better
after a run because you are still on a runner's high and feel ready for anything.
22. Running is a great way to meet people
, especially if you join a club or enter a race.
23. There are no monthly subscriptions
with running. You just put your running shoes on and go.
built-up through running can be transferred to other sports.
25. If you drink alcohol
you can just run a little bit further the next day to work off the extra calories.
Source: Yahoo Lifestyle