Father’s Day Gift Guide
With Father’s Day only a few weeks off the staff at Trailblazer New Haven has come up with some ideas of what to get the father/husband in your life. You can find these items in their store and many of them on our website. Stop in the store to get even more suggestions from the staff.
1. Patagonia Torrentshell Jacket: $129.99- The Patagonia Torrentshell Jacket for Men provides 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable protection that’s durable, lightweight and simple.
2. Olukai Ohana Sandal: $85- The OluKai Ohana Leather Flip Flop for Men is a full grain high quality leather sandal that offers as much support as it does style. In the Hawaiian culture ‘ohana’ is the word meaning family
3. Eagle Creek Load Warrior Wheeled Duffle: $230 – The Eagle Creek Load Warrior Wheeled Duffel 22 is the perfect carry-on for adventure traveling. The Load Warrior is lightweight, expandable with compression straps and is reinforced allover for rugged trips through baggage claim and customs. It’s got haul handles everywhere and reflectivity for nighttime visibility.
4. Patagonia Half Mass Bag: $89.99- The Patagonia Half Mass Bag is a fully featured courier with enough room to keep you moving through the highs and lows of daily commuting. This messenger bag built for bike commuters and is perfectly sized for a day’s worth of gear; it’s made with recycled polyester and holds most 15 inch laptops.
5. Patagonia Wavefarer Short: $59.99 – The Patagonia Wavefarer Board Short for Men is a Patagonia staple and a timeless classic. These trunks go anywhere and do anything, made of light, durable and quick-drying Supplex nylon, take them where ever you go and shine. The Wavefarer Board Shorts are packed with features to keep you as comfortable as possible wherever you go.
6. Salomon X Ultra Mid GTX Hiking Shoe: $160 – The Salomon X Ultra Mid GTX Hiking Shoe for Men in Black/Autobahn/Detroit offers an aggressive, lightweight and stable grip, as well as Gore-Tex weatherproof protection creating a hiking shoe that will take you through the seasons, well at least 3 of them. Built with comfort in mind the X Ultra Mid GTX Hiker is ready to summit. Check out our sister store’s gear review of them.
7. Go Pro – Hero 3: $399.99 – The GoPro HERO3: Black Edition is the most versatile camera on the planet. Built to go wherever you do, the HERO3 can be mounted on almost every piece gear you own, whether it’s clothing or equipment. Not only is the HERO3 ready for any action sport, it is 30% smaller, 25% lighter and 2x more powerful than previous models, it’s waterproof to 197 feet (60m), capable of capturing ultra-wide 1440p 48fps, 1080p 60 fps and 720p 120 fps video and 12MP photos at a rate of 30 photos per second. With built-in Wi-Fi, GoPro App compatibility and the included Wi-Fi Remote the HERO3 is easier then ever to use!
8. Craghoppers NosiLife Long Sleeve Shirt $80 – The Craghoppers NosiLife Long Sleeve Shirt for Men is engineered for optimum performance in some of the most challenging conditions on earth. Offering everything from a hidden security passport pocket to NosiLife, Craghoppers newest, permanent insect-repelling technology that won’t wash out, ever! Stay protected with the shirt’s cooling SolarDry collar that instantly flips up to block UV rays.
9. Keen Clearwater CNX Sandal: $100 – The Keen Clearwater CNX Sandal for Men in Raven/Burnt Henna offers the classic Keen fit, but with a slimmer, low-profile sole to promote the natural flexibility of the foot and improve ground contact. This sandal features the traditional Keen style with webbing upper and bungee lace for a customized, secure fit. Experience a more natural connection with each step with the Keen Clearwater CNX.
10. Timex IRONMAN Road Trainer Heart Rate Monitor: $109.95- An essential training companion that makes a bold statement, the Timex IRONMAN Road Trainer digital heart rate monitor series offers performance and comfort in a next-generation style. This innovative tool is designed for both fitness enthusiasts and weekend warriors to help them meet their exercise goals.